Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rock and Roll Los Angeles!

The rock and roll marathon series is one my favorite races! This year I actually purchased a "tour pass" which allowed me to pick 3 races! I chose Seattle, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. When I was at the expo for this race I saw the California challenge medal (or something like that) and I was bummed I didn't know about it sooner, but happy I know about it for next year! This race is always around Halloween so it is really fun to see everyone dressed in costumes. This year I decided to be a ladybug again. How boring huh?! I was a ladybug the first time I ran this race, it was ready and easy to throw together, and I knew it would be comfortable. I took the metro to get to the race expo at convention center so I didn't have to worry about parking or traffic. My niece went with me so it was a fun little outing. I also took the metro to the race, which meant waking up SUPER EARLY. I was SO tired driving to the metro, and even dozed off during the ride over. But once I exited and saw the sights of Downtown LA my energy started building up, as well as my emotions. I get kind of sentimental before every race, but this is one of my favorite races in my favorite cities! The race went well, I love seeing the sights of LA. I used to want to take pictures of everything, but then I decided as I got more and more races under my belt that these images are for my memory only. So now I take mostly mental pictures. When I try and take actual photos they typically come out blurry anyway! The after race festival was nice as always but seemed not as exclusive and set aside as it did in Seattle, but this IS LA. The headliner was Little Hurricane, whom I still don't recognize. I hung out for awhile and checked averything out and had my post race beer(s). This is the 3rd time I've ran this race, which might be the most I've run any race! I am definetly going to be back next year, and I am defineitly getting a tour pass of some sort next year. I wanna hammer out this Cali challenge and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment