Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Rock and Roll Las Vegas!

The final leg of my rock and roll tour finished up this weekend with a half marathon in Las Vegas! I have been wanting to run this race for maybe like 3 years! I had read some bad reviews about it when it used to start in the morning, I also could never get anyone to go with me (shocker). So I had always been a bit aprehensive to sign up for it. So this year with Daniel moving to Seattle I saw my chance to run a race in a new city and visit my best friend, which led to me finding the tour pass which is 3 races for $199! I signed up for them all probably back in April or May. This was it I am going, I am running even if I go alone. That wouldn't happen though would it? nah... well YES, it totally did! I fell into a lame-o woe is me funk about the whole thing too, but it turns out I had the best time! I was able to do what I wanted when I wanted! Granted my partying was toned down a bit by rolling solo, but then again hey I was there to run a race! I left Saturday around noon and arrived to Vegas around 4pm. I totally missed meeting up with my other procompression ambassadors at the race expo, so that was a bummer :( I was kind of hoping to force them into adopting me as a friend and roll dog. I had just been to a very similar expo for Los Angeles so I didn't stay too long, not even to load up on freebies! I was too anxious to get checked into my hotel room and get to the Chromeo concert at the 5k finish line festival. RNRLA offered a lot of runner perks. I took advantage of the free night clubs with open well bars and the 25% discount on the monorail. The monorail was key to my getting all around Vegas. I was staying at a hotel that had it's own stop so it was pretty conveinent! Every place I needed to be was off of the monorail. The Chromeo show was great I had a blast up front dancing. I was finally able to check into my room after the show and because of the delay I got a $30 food/drink credit added to my room! I ended up eating at Guy Fieri's kitchen and bar the morning before I checked out. There was an hour wait so I missed the breakfast menu but made it in time for check out. I had an AWESOME bloody mary and tried the delicious tatted turkey burger. My meal surely used up that credit and it was yummy. The race itself was AMAZING! It was HUGE! So many people! For this race the band is before the actual race, so they flood everyone into the startline festival and from there we all headed to our corals. The headliner was supposed to be Snoop Dogg but instead it was Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, (they sing that thrift shop song) I didn't really pay to much attention because I was prepping for the start. I was worried I was going to be too cold, and I had to finagle my light up tutu! I heard a number of people complaining about the headliner change. I was a bit bummed that the gear check closed 30mins before the first wave started, especially with such an icy wind in the air. While I was lined up a man said to me that this was the perfect weather just wait and see. He was right. I ran with my scripture on my back and I was able to hook some lights around it so I think it was lit up while I was running :) I had a number of people comment or give me words of encouragement. I had a few folks even take a picture. The glory of God is truly awesome. I finished in 2:10 which is what I predicted so that's ok. The race was so large, I had other runners to weave in and out of the entire race up until the finish line. There wasn't really a finishline festival because that was all done before. So I got my freebies mmm Beer and went back to my hotel to shower and get ready to go back out to enjoy some more free night club! The trip all in all was great, fun , liberating, and eye opening. I plan on doing this race next year for sure, and I wont be heartbroken if I go alone. Next up is the Holly Jolly half, and then 2 big races in Jan! The new years race and the star wars disneyland half!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment