Monday, March 30, 2015

#rnrsf

My first rock n roll race of the year is in the books. This weekend I ran in San Francisco! It was my first time running here and yes there were hills. I didn't get a good picture of this one hills, the first  hill, which is a shame because the hill was so hilly it was just outright ridiculous! As soon as we turned a corner it was like death mountain! It was another think I got to appreciate about not running with music; being able to hear everyone gripe together about the hill. It made it funny. 
Other aspects of the race were great and just made it seem like a party. There was even a group of runners that stopped and did a flash mob dance kinda. There weren't a lot of bands along the way. Running across the golden gate was pretty awesome and made the miles fly by! It was a beautiful day. I had a great time even with the hill. 

My friend Rachael lives in Berkeley so she was gracious enough to host me, and thank my lucky starts she also signed up for the half marathon!
We had to get up super early to finagle to the start. The startline was at a Dutch windmill on a beach! It was a beautiful view. Too bad it was too cold and dark to truly appreciate it! I also didn't get and pictures of that, it took me awhile to get my camera sorted out... And I couldn't take too many photos on my iphone without risking my ismoothrun tracking. 

I saw a fellow memer of team Sunrype so that was cool! Of course by now I've forgotten her name. I'll have to post on the sunrype Facebook. 

I've ran 104 miles so far in March. Score!! And I still have today and tomorrow to squeeze in some miles. I really gotta look at the calandar.... Because I can add some good races in April there are a few Saturdays where it go into work at 10am! I'm also running a cool EDM party 5k!

I want to see about the running group that meets at Shepherd of the Hills on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I want to see about getting a group to maybe go and spectate at races maybe set up a table and hand something out. Maybe starting a 5k, and starting a run for God program. 

There are some good pictures of my trip on my instagram @becaneck 

I'm posting this from my phone at the airport :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment