Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holly Jolly Half

I concluded my race season with the Holly Jolly Half by elitesportsca.com This race entry was transferred from a half by the same organization that I had to miss back in September. It was the third race (along with the Shoreline half and the Arroyo Creek half) I ran this year with Elite Sports. They offer great races and even have an edurance challange which I am gonna hnadle next year because I want a duffle bag! This was a double loop race on flat streets. I dressed up as an elf with a felt elf costume my friend gave me. I got lots of compliments and comments on it which of course made me really enjoy the race. This was in the midst of Christmas craziness so on the way home from the race I stopped all along the free way to stop and go Christmas shopping. Needless to say by the end of the day I was dead tired! This is the 8th half marathon on the books for 2014, which means I qualify to become a half fanatic! I will write some more about what this is in a seperate post probably after I get my official acceptance. Big things are coming for 2015, I am gonna take on a Rock n Roll tour pass and try and do 6 races with them, maybe 7. and I want to try and do as many of the elite sports events also so I can get some endruance challenge freebies! I've got 2 great races waiting for me in 2015, my legacy race; the New Year's Race and The Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland! This year I will finish out with somewhere between 860-900 miles. I am going to strive to reach 1000 miles in 2015. #everyrunisablessing

No comments:

Post a Comment