Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SEASIDE HALF MARATHON

This weekend I completed my 4th half marathon of 2015, and my second ElitesportsCA event! http://www.elitesportsca.com/ This was my first time running the Seaside Half http://www.seasidehalf.com/, but it was very similar to the Shoreline Half http://www.shorelinehalf.com/ Elite Sports holds in July. I dug it! This race was along the coast in Ventura, CA. I got there all geared up in my 2013 Sunrype jersey, since I haven't got my new racing jersey yet. I checked my sunrype bag full of 3 boxes of bars and strips to hand out after the race. http://www.sunrypeusa.com/ The race had a 1 minute stagger start. I completed the race in 2:01:44 which is pretty typical. I always quote about 2-2:15 hrs for a half marathon, eagerly awaiting the day that I can hammer out a sub 2 race time. I am always SO close, but a minute is a LONG time. Since I no longer run with headphones, I forget even when that started, I am more open to people talking to me on the course. Now that I think about it it makes me wonder, if people had always mentioned things here and there that I'd never heard before. One woman simply came up to me and started talking to me about how she couldn't imagine wearing a trash bag and running in the current conditions. Oh yeah, I should mention that it was supposed to rain. However I couldn't have asked for better conditions, the rain waited until after the race. As a matter of fact I never saw rain in Ventura, it was on my way back that I encountered the rain. I stuck around after the race and handed out sunrype bars and talked to some of the runners. A lot of them had never heard or seen sunrype before. I was able to get my bib called in the raffle and I got a small duffle bag with the race logo printed on it. Which is great because last race I won a small slip string back pack, I don't know what its called. I want to eventually win all of the goodies Elite Sports has to offer, like their embroidered duffle and a camping chair. I feel confident with the amount of races I am going to run that I might have a shot. Up next I am running the Firecracker 10k plus the 5k in Chinatown in Los Angeles, on Sunday. I entered a contest to be on of the people that lights the firecrackers! I'm currently at 80 miles for Feb., not sure if I will hot 100 this month, but I am blaming it on there only being 28 days this month! We'll see what I can hammer out in 4 days. March I am traveling to San Fran to visit my dear friend I know from Amsterdam, Rachael and to run the RNR SF half marathon! I'm so excited to see her and run this new race! I typically love all of the RNR events. This is going to be the first one of the year! April I am toying with adding the Ojai half marathon http://www.ojaihalfmarathon.com/ to my agenda, only because its a mere 16 minutes farther than the Seaside and Shoreline half are. I love Elite Sport events, and while I'm trying to really hammer it out this year. Plus they are pretty cost effective races. I'm already set for the Sunset half, and the Nocturnal 5k. RUN RUN RUN is all my mind can process. I love it and I'm just gonna go with it and let the light the Lord put in me shine on! Every run is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment